Thursday 19 May 2016

Rewards of Owning a Bulk SMS Business



Apart from the normal perks that come from being your own boss, here are the main rewards of owning a bulk SMS business…


1. Residual income – That is, you do the one-time work of winning a customer and if you serve the customer well, he will continue to spend his money with you once his SMS units are exhausted… for life!

The lifetime value (LTV) of a single customer can be worth N2 million. If you know the amount of time and resources needed to win a customer in other industries and the customer getting to buy only once, then you’ll appreciate the recurrent model of bulk SMS.

2. Acquisition of time-relevant skills – Personally, I get the reward of learning things I couldn’t have learned if I didn’t get into the business. In addition, I’ve tested many business and online theories, proved some and discarded many.

In short, I’m not the same person I was two years ago, my earning power and experience have increased exponentially. I can never, never look for job again in my life… whether I’m in Nigeria or US.

3. Leverage – Owning a successful bulk SMS business means you own assets both tangible and intangible. Take for instance, your brand. I could leverage on the goodwill of the 5star SMS brand to launch another business.

Here’s another example, my customers refer their friends a lot to buy from 5star SMS without me us even asking them to! Sometimes, I get calls from customers telling me they will refer their friends because of our incredible “5star” service.

Here’s yet another example, I win paying customers every day from Google without being there or doing anything. I don’t own Google, so that means I get customers for free. That’s classic leverage right there.

And here’s a secret: Your best customers will come from Google, because they needed bulk SMS that’s why they went to search Google in the first place.

The phone numbers and emails, too, are almost priceless assets. I mean phone numbers and emails of my customers. We are talking about a list of people who are proven to be action-takers! With the list I can launch a new business without doing all the hard work over again.

4. Fulfillment – I’m fulfilled knowing that I help people meet their communication needs. I get testimonials from customers who get almost instantaneous response from their SMS communication campaigns and I feel fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment